What do I need to bring to my appointment?
To ensure we have all the necessary information it is important to bring along:
- A valid referral (from a GP, optometrist or other specialist)
- Medicare card
- Private health fund card
- Any government issued health benefit cards: e.g. Pensioner card, Health care card
- Department of Veterans affair card (if applicable)
- Current prescription glasses
- A list of your current medications
If you are having dilating drops in, it is often helpful to bring along a pair of dark sunglasses to minimise the glare. Also with dilation we recommend that patients do not drive for a period of time after the appointment so if you are unable to wait for them to wear off we recommend that you bring someone who can drive you to/from the appointment.